Do any of these questions sound familiar?
- When can I afford to retire?
- What would a transition from full-time employment to part-time employment or consulting look like?
- Can I afford to reduce my hours to be a regular provider of care to my grandchildren? To my aging parent?
- Should I take Social Security at age 62, 65, 70, or full retirement age?
- When should my spouse take Social Security?
- How would my decisions for Social Security and other pension income affect my spouse? How would my spouse’s decisions affect me?
- How much retirement “life style” can I afford?
- I have three daughters getting married in the next few years. How does that affect my financial plan?
- How do I best save for my children’s college education?
In order to better map our clients’ financial journeys and to help them visualize the “what ifs” of life, we recently made a significant investment in financial planning software. We have had the opportunity to use it with several clients, addressing many of the questions listed above, and the response has been overwhelmingly positive. Over the next 12 months, we look forward to integrating it even more into the services we offer to our clients.
Do not hesitate to give me a call or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions regarding financial planning in general or this new software in particular.